So a pirate, some merchants, a crazy man and a murderer walk into a metro station...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: So a pirate, some merchants, a crazy man and a murderer walk into a metro station...

Post by Tree on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:46 am

Jeroen blinked for a few seconds, wondering what brought up the question in the young girl. They were merchants, and so it was easily assumed they were big travelers. People always asked where they had been, though, and how things were in the rest of the city. For some reason, it was seldom asked where they were going. "We were actually going to make our way back up to Market City." He answered, "Those folks love Terminus goods."
He couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at Luke, "Of course - you wanting something for a certain someone?" After seeing how he had reacted earlier, it was a bit hard seeing him with a decent girlfriend. He shot Mirabella a strange look.
Tree

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So a pirate, some merchants, a crazy man and a murderer walk into a metro station...

Post by Bright on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:53 am

Luke looked around and smiled. "Um you see. I have this sexy momma at home and I would love to get her a gift to show her how much I appreciate her." He laughed. "I'm joking, partly. I do have a mother at home and she is very under appreciated. She's about 52ish, so I'm sure she'd love anything I give her."
Bright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfi (Frost) on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:17 am

Mirabella looked up and over her shoulder, catching Jeroen's gaze and shrugging slightly. She turned back and crouched down near the box. Chuckling slightly at Luke's description, she began digging around. "So maybe something like... say... this?" She pulled out an old necklace, that I'm totally not going to describe and leave to Bright if she wants eeetttt. |D Needless to say, it was a rather rare piece of jewelry, and would cost a good amount. She just hoped his love for his mother would propel him into buying it. Love was like that, she quickly found. She had never been close to her parents, though her mother was a nice woman. But people would go to certain extents for the ones they love, something Mirabella found rather intriguing.
Elfi (Frost)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:07 pm

Market City? Lein had heard of the place, of course. It was legendary, and if she had to go anywhere, she wanted to visit there. However, it was a tad far from her small home of Brink.
"Hey, Marius. Can we go to Market City?" she asked her fellow traveler. Marius thought for a moment. He didn't really know where he was going, and it did sound nice. He shrugged. "I guess so." said the boy, putting his hands in the pockets of his grayish brown jacket. He spotted an empty fireplace a few meters away, and wanted to sit down next to it to warm up. His breath was a visible cloud of vapor, and it would have been nice to make such a thing vanish.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Jay
Admin

View user profile http://metroamsterdam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bright on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:52 pm

Luke looked at the jewelry. It was silver with a blue gem in the middle. "That's perfect..." He whispered, "How much?" He was listening in to the other conversation. Market City? He never thought he'd go to such places, as a sane man.
Bright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfi (Frost) on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:55 pm

Smiling softly at Luke, she held it out in front of him, knowing she had this in the bag. "Well, it's rather rare, and very beautiful. It'll cost around, say, 5 cartridges or so? Of course, I'd be willing to make a trade, if you'd prefer that." She said it so casually, letting him get a closer look at the necklace as she listening to the conversation. Why would they want to know where a couple of merchants were going? Seldom were the merchants asked that question, and Mirabella found it a bit suspicious, though she didn't show it. When the girl asked the young man who seemed to be in charge if they could go to Market City as well, Mira tilted her head. "Forgive me if I'm being rude- I hate to pester, really- but why do you want to know where we're going?" She asked it out of pure curiosity, but she was alert and cautious as she waited for an answer.
Elfi (Frost)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:02 pm

Lein blinked. "Well, I thought it would make good conversation." she said softly. "I am sorry. I am not good at things like that."
After a few moments, she outstretched her hand to the girl. "I am Lein. I live...lived in the next station West; Brink." the girl said with a smile. Marius watched this, but didn't introduce himself. He just stood ridged and checking a little map printed on the back of an old transit card. On it was scribbled colors and a key stating what the colors meant. This was his father's, apparently, and even though he had dislike for the man and hadn't missed him, he thought it might be useful. Black. The next station was Gondel, a prison camp.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Jay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tree on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:21 pm

Jeroen nodded happily in approval as his partner made the sale on the necklace. That was a hard sell - it was pretty, but honestly, it was starting to be an eyesore in their bags. He didn't say much after that until he felt the urge to chime in again. The deals were done, so a little chit-chat wouldn't hurt.
"Nah, it's fine. Don't worry about it." He waved his hand dismissively, pardoning the girl's apology. "Pleasure to meet you, Lein." He smiled again softly, "I'm Jeroen. And you've met my slave..." Teasingly, he pointed at Mira with one thumb, a smug look on his face.
Tree

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bright on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:32 pm

Luke looked at Jeroen. "Slave?" He didn't understand that it was a joking matter. Some parts of insanity, you just couldn't get away from. He looked back at Mira and handed her the 5 cartridges. "Don't share with him." He stated, jamming a thumb Jeroen's way.
Bright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfi (Frost) on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:33 pm

Mira rolled her eyes as she placed the necklace in Luke's hand, taking the cartridges with the other hand. For a moment she just stared at the young man in surprise, before she laughed. "Thank you. You're very kind. Though, he only wishes I was his slave." She shot a pointed look, standing up and shoving her hands into her pockets. "Anyway, the name's Mirabella. Call me Mira if you prefer, I don't care." She smiled lightly at the small group. "It's nice to meet you all." She said politely, dipping her head.
Elfi (Frost)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:47 pm

Marius quit focusing on the map, looking at the girl once more, and then at her companion. "My name is Marius." he said, lowering the map from the light and opening his packet. Oh, how he was hungry. He found himself eating the omelet rather quickly without realizing it, and when he caught this, he excused himself, lowering it once more.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Jay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bright on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:02 am

Luke smiled, for the first time since he was five and actually meant it, "It's a pleasure. Except for him." He gestured to Jeroen. "I'm Luke Dalhbeck. I live with my mother in Brink because I'm legally insane." He laughed a little. "But for some reason I'm not insane at this very moment."
Bright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:46 pm

A violent wind whipped through the metro suddenly, causing Lein to shriek suddenly, for she was still wearing that skirt. "Do you guys have pants too?" she whimpered, though it was more of a joke. Marius smiled, but nodded. "Yeah. You won't survive in the metro like that." he said, loosening his tie that had started riding up his neck and making it hard to breath. His hand brushed his pocket though, and he felt something. Reaching in, he pulled out a cylindric object. It was small and had a little switch, and when he flicked it, a momentary beam of red light from it. He quickly turned it off.
Where did this come from? thought the boy, suddenly feeling panicked. It looked the the kind of dotsight you'd see on a gun. Maybe he accidentally picked it up when leaving the shooting range. They were making him do time as a border patroller, after all, and therefore he had to do some practice. Yeah, that was it. Scared that he now had a weapon on him, he started to rub the sticks in the pit together, though he never really made a fire. Lighting and heat came easy at advanced stations as Poortwachter. Lein sat at a place around the fire, eager for it's warmth. She, on the other hand, was used to having fires as a main source of heat and light.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Jay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tree on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:19 am

Jeroen smirked cheekily, crossing his arms and shooting his partner an mockingly stern look. "Stop fighting your fate, Mira~." The young man near sang. When she shot him a look back, he threw his hands up in the air in an innocent fashion, as if he had done nothing at all.
When Luke had openly disregarded him, though, he could only smile. "How rude." He muttered, though the merchant didn't take it personally at all. A crazy, huh? Interesting. Maybe that's why he seemed to think twinkies were as addicting as crack.
As for the other two, there was something strange about the guy - Marius, was it? First was the map of the city with colored markings on it. It peaked Jero's curiosity and he would have asked to have a look at it - maybe even make an offer to buy it - if the boy hadn't stashed it away so quickly. The second one was the lazer pointer, which he knew were hard to come by for civilians. Jeroen looked thoughtfully at him for a few moments before shaking his head and pushing any curiosity away.

"I think that's enough work for today, don't you?" He said lightly to Mirabella, taking a few things and packing them away. Admittedly, that fire looked rather inviting. And, because he really is a good guy (that wasn't just a merchant tactic ;3), he took out a ragged blanket and handed it to Lein, a warm smile on his face. "Here, if you're cold. You can borrow it."
Tree

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bright on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:24 am

Luke sat next to Lein. "I don't believe we properly got introduced." He smiled at her. "I'm Luke Dalhbeck." He took out a hand to shake. The insanity was pushing at the edge of his mind, the wind triggering a reaction in the depths of his brain. It was cold the day he was found. Very cold and damp. He shook his head and cleared his mine. Don't let this happen to you Luke... Don't let it take over...
Bright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:32 am

Lein looked up at the boy. She was surprised how nice he was being to her, what with her appearance. She looked down at the scars down her legs, before nodding, taking the blanket gingerly. "Thank you." she said quietly, placing it on her lap and letting it draped over her exposed areas. Marius put the sight into his pocket once more, confused and tired. He found himself laying down on the mat he had been previously sitting on, after he got a fire sparked. Tongues of orange danced across the wood, warming anyone within a 2 meter's radius. A pile of kindling sat idly behind Marius' head.
Lein looked up at Luke, seeing the large hand, and shook it. "My name is Lein Alhart. And I know you." she said, before realizing how offensive it may have sounded. After all, she lived at the same station.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Jay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bright on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:10 pm

Luke smiled. "I'm famous in Brink I see." He laughed. "You shouldn't feel ashamed of your scars." he said suddenly. "I have some too. More than you can count." He stood up and lifted up the back of his shirt to show the group the many scars that littered his body, another example of his inept ability to filter his actions and words. There was a little piece in his skin, barely glinting from the fire light. "Aren't they wonderful?" he asked as the insanity pushed harder to get through the barrier the medication created.
Bright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfi (Frost) on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:42 am

Mira studied Lein for a moment, more quiet than she usually was. Her hands were still in her pockets, warm. Suddenly, she remembered something and glanced excitingly at Lein. "Oh, hey! You could maybe fit into some of my clothes, if you need too. I don't think we'd be too far apart in size.." She narrowed her eyes in thought. She obviously didn't get though joke, for she was being completely serious.

Her only reply to Jeroen's comment was sticking out her tongue in a childish manner, until he asked her a more serious question. There she smiled and nodded, sitting down on an old barrel, that looked ready to break at any moment. Still, she deemed it safe and sat down, taking in the fire's warmth. It flickered eerily against her already strange eyes, now causing them to appear red. Mirabella watched Luke with these dark eyes, though didn't utter a word about his insanity that seemed to be peeking through again. To be honest, she was used to people not completely right in the mind. In Sportlaan, drunkards and the heavily depressed walked the streets at night. But those scars... On both Lein and Luke... She frowned slightly. "What happened?" She asked, though didn't specify who she spoke to. The words had escaped her lips without her knowing, and she stuttered and stammered to cover it up. "I mean- you don't have to tell me! Like, if you don't want to and everything, then it's.. it's fine..." She awkwardly looked down at her hands in her lap.
Elfi (Frost)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:40 pm

Lein looked up at Luke. "My legs were just cold." she said in a warm tone, before Mira asked her the question. She debvated whether to talk about it with dark eyes, but finally decided that she might have as well.
"I was almost killed by a nosalis." she said quietly. "You know, those mutants who roam in tunnels and vents?"
She left out mentioning of her friend. Over the metro lingered silence, as Marius didn't even know this himself. The boy threw another piece of wood in the fire, saying nothing as the light grew in the pit.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Jay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bright on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm

Luke ignored Lein's comment on being just cold, mostly because he was battling with the insanity on the edge of his mind. "I... I was... five..." He didn't know where to begin. "I was playing in the mouth of a tunnel and this man... beat me... with a whip." He was talking slow as if he were trying to comprehend the story himself. "I didn't do anything but he kept beating me. The whip had metal pieces at the end and one simply ended up embedded into my skin. He left me to die but I was found... eventually." He stared blankly at the fire, his voice became quiet through out the entire thing to the point where the last word could barely be heard.
Bright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2